Monday, September 6, 2010

Goodness gracious, holy moly, what a kerfuffle!

In a sense, my life is the best it has ever been and I am very , very happy. In another sense, I cannot walk.

So, my uncle knows a guy who is apparently a 'master' physiotherapist. And he called him and he said that bursitis will not get better by rest, but needs to be 'rubbed out'. I don't understand. I have definitely googled this problem and it says that rest helps, so does my physiotherapist. But I have been resting. It hasn't improved. Also, bursitis is definitely a sort of inflammation around a tendon and a bone...why would you 'rub out' an inflammation? Anyway my uncle swears by this 'master' and I am sort of inclined to trust him because he has had hip problems since the dawn of time. He told me that my aunty would take me to see him if I want...in Berrwick. Okaayy, no offence if you live in or near Berrwick but that is 12 million miles from my house. "Oh well," I hear you say, "It'll be worth it once you're fixed by the master." But unfortunately it isn't that simple, my friends. You see, I am very busy this week and the drive there will take an absolute minimum of one hour, so I can't go after school or I wont get home until like 9. And I could only do Friday anyway, so I would have to wait until the weekend. By which time I will have killed myself from the frustration of how slow I am forced to walk. All of this is compounded by the fact that the 'master' is a 75 year old man who would need to intensely massage/ 'rub out' my very upper thigh which might be creepy and I am convinced would hurt like a mofo, AND the fact that my physio is on holiday. Really, world this is over-complicating things a little wouldn't you say?

So, for something simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment