Monday, April 5, 2010

Sweet times.

I shopped today with pretty much the most excellent person I will ever meet. I think I could spend a day with you in an empty room and we would still have more fun than most people have in a lifetime. So A, join my family?

OK serious question. If you had to, would you rather spend three months alone on a deserted island or three weeks on the island with the just one person you hate the most? Serious question. I can't decide.

The other day I met a really great lady. She would have been in her late forties to early fifties. She asked me the typical question that adults ask every teenager who they can't relate to: "So, what are you thinking of doing when you finish school?" I mumbled something about university and not really knowing and trailed off awkwardly. Her reply? "Good call. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up." I realised that there's every chance that I'll never know. I also realised that I'm 100% OK with this probability. Babeh, life be good.

“One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”

No comments:

Post a Comment