Saturday, May 1, 2010

Everyone is just so nice!

Chorals happened. It happened in an enormous way. Dryads won everything which was incredible and also felt really good because our madrigal conductor and directors as well as everyone involved had worked so hard. I am currently just so full of love! It's really great to win and the competition is half of what makes it so fun, but in truth, the real thrill comes from the performing in front of people you love. I am so proud of every single person involved in chorals because more than winning the cup, it's about putting on a show, and the shows we put on were full of different talents, laughter and joy. I really think that the way we handled the problem of a broken hall and a change of venue (for the first time in 73 years) really says a lot about the character, resiliance, adaptablilty and commitment of the girls from our school. I am full of pride and love to the brim, I think I'm going to swell and explode from how much I just love so many people. I hope everyone understands this because there just aren't enough words for me to tell you all how much I love you.
(Check out that Dryad tree. Bro! That's wacky cool. I feel like this needs to be on the house board.)



And everyone is just being so kind! People keep saying lovely things about the performance and I really, really appreciate it, but I don't know how to respond. I just. Love. Everyone. Gahh!
I really just want to have a huge rant about how much I love my life but I think that might get old and boring. But I'll just say one thing: Being alive is really, really great. everyone get onto that.

"Don't ask wat the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
-Howard Thurman

No comments:

Post a Comment