Friday, July 23, 2010

Hang the DJ (Hang the DJ!)

I spent this morning re-living my childhood with:

Back in the day of hating my dad's music but secretly being kind of addicted to it, and singing along to lyrics I clearly didn't understand. I remember singing 'Miss you, hiss...the lovecats!!' in Primary school and the other kids would sort of move away a little bit, bahaha. Good times my friends, good times.

Unrelatedly, I really, really, REALLY want a pig. My mum told me today that she nearly bought one when she was 17. She said she rode her motorbike down to some country place where they were doing sales and her and her boyfriend bid on a pig at about $6, but didn't buy it for the sole reason that they realised that they couldn't take a pig home on their bike.
Ok mum...what? What?! I don't think I'm ready to explore the possibility that my mum at my age was exactly the sort of person I would have been friends with/been. Just...not yet.
Ahhh! I want one!!! I could have it like a dog and have a little pig kennel for it and give it a collar with diamontes. And when it's cold it could sleep on my lap and make little snoring noises! Awww! And I'll take it for walks on a lead and it can make friends with the other dogs in the neighbourhood and then maybe someone else could get a pig so that it can have a friend who is like it because I don't want my pig to be like Tarzan and not ever see anyone of its own kind until it's old. And I can call it Turnip! Or maybe Pumpkin! and I can make it a sailor costume and we'd be best friends and never ever ever ever ever ever ever part! Come on, tell me this isn't the best plan ever! Oink!

And I bought some high waisted jeans from Vinnies for $8, ch-ching! Although, I don't know if they're actually that great, I can't quite decide. I think they may make me look fat...hmmm. I'll wear them tomorrow and see if I can get an honest opinion out of anyone. If they are actually crap it doesn't matter cos they were only $8 anyway, score! Also, I can't really bend over, eat or breathe in them. But still! They're fun!

I have now procrastinated for the whole day. Wow. Unit four PE SAC number one, you are looking dismal. Ha! Blog, take that for a fat post!


"I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams."
-Madonna

2 comments:

  1. i actually love all my dads music. took me a while to appreciate it but now i might even like it more than he does. embarrassing...
    ps, the smiths are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha the feeling of going from 'oh god dad what is that it's so crap...' to 'what??! I don't have your The Cure CD...No, no The Smiths Best Of Album is definitely there...'
    I agree :D

    ReplyDelete