Thursday, June 17, 2010

Glory glory (can I get an amen?!)

FOR LULZ.


Good. Moving right along;

I've been thinking a lot about choices lately. I've been thinking about the way that people choose to live their lives, because I think that some people do make a conscious choice to live a certain way, and those people are often very vocal about it. Preaching advice like crazy. There is this song; Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) by Quindon Tarver, he says this and I sort of like it.

'Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply
it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing
the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly
parts and recycling it for more than it's worth. '

Isn't that nice? But a bit weird because it's sort of advice in itself. But I think it's has some relevance and I like it anyway. So back to the point, choices. You know how you always hear people saying things like 'Live without fear or regret'? I used to always go 'Yeah! Right on, we're invincible!' But now I actually think I disagree a little. I think that we need regret and that we need fear. And I think that it's wrong to say that we should cut out entire emotions or sections of life, because I want to experience everything, even if I don't like it and even if it hurts or makes me feel uncomfortable and I never want it to happen again. Because how else can you learn? How can you feel properly full and satisfied, if you haven't tried every dish at the banquet? To do my own little bit of preaching, I would say that rather than living without fear, living without regret, living without sadness and pain and jealousy and hatred and greed, live with acceptance. I want to accept that I will feel everything and I won't necessarily like it all and I'll wake up the next day and ask myself what the hell I was thinking. I want to accept imperfection, because for me that is the root of beauty. That is the reality of real perfection.

That was sort of deep. I don't want to be the dnm whore kid. I just love every aspect of life so much that I feel like it all needs to be explored, tested, poked, prodded and checked for holes and writing about it gives me time to think about that. I like thinking, and I like being pensive.


Oh God. That voice just told me I could have whatever I like. He wants my body. He needs my body. If I close my eyes and listen to it I can imagine it's someone else. That voice. His guitar. It's just a thing. I've gone all dreamy. I'll stop before I type something stupid(er).

Bye faves!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment